Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Masking & Misting

This week at Two Peas In A Bucket, they are challenging scrappers to Mask & Mist.  I'm still learning about these techniques, so it was a good one to try.  I ended up having a lot of fun & created a clever layout.



I used contact paper that was cut on the Cricut with Stand & Salute(from my sister!).  After misting my title & border, I peeled it off & discarded it.  Then, more cutting on the Cricut with blue cardstock gave it a burst of color.  This also tied it to the photos, which were pretty bold.

Red glitter on the hats tied the reds together.  Here is a close up of that, it's pretty hard to tell in the other pic.


I alternated two tones of blue jewels on the photo area.  I really like recording memories, even if it was hot & there was NO chance of him smiling at that point on the Fourth.




Have you scrapped YOUR Fourth pictures yet?  It is one of my favorite themes, the colors are fun & we are so lucky to live in a great country!




No comments:

Post a Comment