Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Just about everyone takes a picture on New Years, to document that you were having fun & who with!  I'm a photo addict, adore my camera & collect vintage ones!  Today I'm sharing a craft that was inspired by a project I ran across at Two Peas In A Bucket.  It provided a link to dreamieland blog that included a tutorial.


_MG_1576_1
dreamieland

Super cute, right?  I decided to try this with a more vintage look, which was accomplished with the help of Graphic 45 paper, Vintaj brass, & Unity stamps.



I won't lie, the bellows were tricky.  Her instructions have a pattern to print out.  The folding was easy, but the taping was a bugger.  I used electrical tape, which was a bit thick & bulky.  Another attempt at this might be in my future using a thinner, yet super soft & flexible tape.  Her corners came out perfectly folded, mine were more square. 


I made mine out of a DieCutsWithAView card box.  Once empty, I decided it would make great storage for all my A2 envelops!  So this project makes a useful & cute way to keep a product I use almost daily handy.




The lense is an old ribbon round cover with the inside top cut off with a razor.  I circle punched the "glass" our of some medium thickness acrylic from product packaging.  It was glued in with CTMH liquid glass.  The Framed Scrollwork fit perfectly & was adhered with E6000(a crafter's best friend).  I also snipped apart a Beaded Border so that some gems would fit in.  All gems were glued down with tacky glue.  I just don't rely on the sticky back and have had crafts were my jewels fell off.  Irritating!  The lattice Kraft color adhesive border is CTMH.


Renaissance Faire paper


A Proper Gentleman ~Timely Point of View paper


I used the word portion of Unity's Snapshots stamp.  The fauceted beads were wired on with Vintaj brass & jump rings.  The multi-layer tag was strung on black embroidery floss.



Now here is my favorite part....A SECRET MESSAGE!  Inside the lens I stamped a special message.  It's hard to capture for YOU to see here.  But I think you can see a small glimpse.


"MAKE EVERYDAY THE BEST"

This Ippity stamp set is called So This Is Love.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day of celebration & don't forget to resolve to CRAFT MORE in the new year!!! ~Jane

4 comments:

  1. Super cute is an understatement! This is PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a superb idea! - Just love this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Just sorry it took me so long to find it.

    ReplyDelete